Call for Michigan Visual Artists and Poets for a new Exhibition – “Art as Memory: The Visual & Written” which is a tribute to Annie Ernaux, Winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature 2022.
Prize Motivation: “For the courage and clinical acuity with which she uncovers the roots, estrangements, and collective restraints of personal memory.”
- November 24, 2023 to March 2024
Artists & Writers Reception
- Saturday, November 25 from 2:00 to 5:00 pm
Description for Visual Arts and Prose Writers & Poets
Paintings evoke memories.
Paintings recall memories to the mind.
Paintings, Poems, Essays remind us of a scent, of a texture, of a person.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include name, address, email, phone number, and medium.
- The work must be new work, never exhibited.
- Individual or collaborative entries are invited.
- All 2D-3D work must be for sale (60% artist/40% gallery).
All submissions will go through a selection process. A jpeg or pdf of the work and an artist statement regarding the work must be received by October 31,2023. Artists will be informed of their acceptance by November 10.
Selected Visual Art Entries must be delivered by November 14, 2023.
In person delivery:
- Three Pines Studio, 5959 W. Levering Rd, Cross Village, Michigan
To mail by USPS:
- PO Box 221, Cross Village, MI 49723
To send by UPS or FedEx:
- 5959 W. Levering Rd, Harbor Springs, MI 49740
Written Work & Poems
- Written work/poems must be submitted by October 31 by email to email@example.com
- Written works will be printed and displayed during the exhibition.
Writers/Poets are invited to read their poems at the artists’ reception on November 25, 2023 from 2:00 to 5:00 pm. A reading schedule will be provided by November 15.
Please indicate in the email whether you will be attending the reception.