Each Thursday in July, we have fun workshops scheduled for kids, and some for all ages. No registration required – just come join us for fun!
Kids Workshop Thursdays
What to Look for in the Summer Sky
- Join Mary Stewart Adams, Star Historian, on Thursday, July 6 from 1:00PM to 2:30PM.
- From the three bright stars of the Summer Triangle that guide us on to the Milky Way, to the brilliant flashes of the Perseid Meteors, summertime offers some of the most gratifying stargazing of the year. In this session for young and old, we’ll make star maps, hear ancient tales, and learn how to find our way through the stars, and to our own star.
Rock on the Cross Village Beach
- Meet at Gene Reck Memorial Pavilion at Cross Village Beach.
- Workshops are from 10:00AM to Noon on the following Thursdays: July 13, July 20, and July 27.
- Storytime and Introduction to rock hunting. You will gather stones and learn to identify them. Beach appropriate shoes required. You will receive a special stone collecting bag and a Petoskey polishing kit.
- Workshop fee and materials: $20
Who Am I? by Julie Buchholtz
- Join author Julie Buchholtz for book reading, activity, and book signing on Thursday, July 27 from 2:00PM to 4:00PM.
- All ages welcome!
- “Who am I?” a young girl asks her mom as she snuggles close. “You are the fire that burns and the eagle that soars. You are the oak tree and the wild rose,” says momma. Written from an indigenous perspective, Who Am I? tells the story of how we are all connected to our ancestors, our past and future, and the Earth – and how it is everyone’s duty to fend off darkness, connect to the past, offer safety and shelter, and color the world with beauty.
- An Own Voices, Own Stories Grand Prize winner.
View the Kids Workshop Thursdays on the website calendar.