Ken Kewley Workshop – Embracing Shape – Abstraction for Representational Artists
SOLD OUT – Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on a waiting list.
Opening Dinner and Talk: June 15, 2023
Workshop: June 16-18, 2023
We’ll start by painting paper, which we will cut into shapes and arrange into non objective compositions. Then we will take similar shapes and make people, places, and things. Abstraction and representation together. Whatever the subject, it is the arrangement of the abstract shapes, that gives strength to our representations. We will do whatever it takes to accomplish this.
- Acrylic Paint: White, Yellow, Red, Blue, Black; Really, as simple as that. Must be acrylic, heavy body, if at all possible. They work best.
- White glue. Elmer’s or another white glue is fine.
- Masking tape, 1 inch wide
These materials will be provided:
- Drawing kit (small pad, templates, ballpoint pen)
- Paper plates for palette
To be used and returned:
- Paint brush
- Painting and cutting board
- Two plastic 16 oz. containers (reused food tubs) for water
- Cotton rags